- Counseling Service - through the services of a counselor, the student is provided with the opportunity for professional guidance. The counselor may administer tests to facilitate greater self-understanding and clarify vocational choices. The counselor is an integral part of the formation program and is a resource person for the formation directors. Outside counseling services are also available.
- Student Health Service - Minor injuries and illnesses are treated in the College infirmary. Physicians and medical facilities are available in Dubuque and Dyersville. Red Cross First Aid and life-saving courses are periodically made available. A physical examination is required before entry. The health records of students are on file at the College.
- Student Activities - Extra-curricular activities are fostered to aid the total development of the student. Among these activities are: the Student Senate, student publications, ministry work with the handicapped, the aged, the infirmed and ethnic minorities.
- Fan Club: The Divine Word College FAN-Club is an acronym for "Friends Across Nations". The organization matches students with area families as a means of establishing off-campus social connections. Some on-campus events are scheduled, but most activities are left to the desires and interests of the individual student(s) and host family. Participation is voluntary.
- Athletics - Alertness, self-confidence, discipline and teamwork are characteristic of the missionary ideal. Students may acquire these traits by participating in the various intramural sports activities available at the College such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis, swimming and weightlifting.
- Tutoring Services - A range of tutoring services is available to students with time management, study skills and test taking- in all subjects with specific help available in math, writing and philosophy. Faculty advisors are available to inform students of the exact nature of these existing services.
On-campus Community Service
Members of the Society of the Divine Word who work at Divine Word College contribute their services as administrators, faculty and staff. Correspondingly, the College expects all students, as candidates for and beneficiaries of the Society, to contribute some of their time and energy supporting community activities or events and maintaining the College buildings and grounds. Students do not receive financial compensation for community service activities.