Because of the unique enrollment at Divine Word College, our admission requirements vary
Candidates for the Divine Word Missionaries
If you are interested in becoming a Divine Word Missionary priest or brother, we look for:
- A religious spirit and call to missionary life
- Active participation in the life of the Church through your local parish or volunteer service projects
- Ability to focus, study and learn
- Willingness to live in an intercultural environment
- Sound physical and mental health
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to interact with others appropriately
- Understanding of the requirements for celibacy
All other students who wish to pursue one of our degree programs as a full-time student
- Must be a high school graduate or provide tests scores of a secondary school equivalency exam
- Provide documents that show academic ability, such as transcripts with at least a 2.00 Grade Point Average (GPA), class rank in the upper two-thirds of your class or standardized tests scores
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you must provide a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or equivalent test score or take and English language proficiency test at Divine Word College prior to placement in the undergraduate program.
Part-time, Non-Degree Seeking Students
If you are interested in taking an occasional class at Divine Word College for personal growth and to enrich your life, you are not required to have a high school diploma.
Students from area high schools may enroll in lower division college courses, but they must have completed their junior year and are unclassified part-time students who are not pursuing a degree.