Beginning September 7, 2021, fully vaccinated individuals are welcome to attend 8 AM daily Mass (Monday - Saturday). Sunday Mass is not open to the public at this time.
Attendees must wear a mask while in the building.
Divine Word College, in coordination with state and local public health experts, is closely monitoring reports and recommendations from national and regional health departments regarding COVID-19.
January 3, 2022
As we begin the January semester....
TESTING – During the first "orientation" week, January 3-8, all members of the DWC community (students, faculty, staff, SVD residents) should:
- Take a BinaxNow rapid antigen test (or a similar test) as a fast screen for COVID-19 infections.
- AND take a saliva PCR test (spit test) to be assured that they are not carrying the COVID-19 virus.
- AND report vaccinations and test results to Mr. Steve Winger (employees) or Fr. Long Phi Nguyen (SVDs and students).
Tests can be arranged with Br. Mike or at local pharmacies, etc.
ISOLATION – If you test positive, a minimum of five days of isolation are required.
- If you do not live on campus, please stay home.
- If you do live on campus, you should remain in your room. Meals will be brought to you. Restrooms will be separated according to the need for isolation.
- If at the end of five days you test negative and you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving, you can return to usual college activities. For an additional five days, you must wear a well-fitting facemask at all times, and you should not eat in the DWC dining room.
- If at the end of five days you still test positive, or still have a fever, you should continue in isolation for an additional five says, or until your symptoms subside.
FACEMASKS – are required for everyone until at least January 15.
- In the chapel always.
- In the college generally whenever in the presence of someone else.
- Facemasks are not required in the dining room or when out of doors.
DINING ROOM – The following guidelines are in effect unit at least January 15.
- Facemasks are not required when eating or drinking.
- Off-campus persons should not eat in the dining room.
- Unvaccinated persons should not eat in the dining room.
VACCINATION or WEEKLY TESTING –
- All students and all on-campus residents must be vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19. (Exceptions can be considered for medical or other reasons.)
- All off-campus employees are strongly urged to be vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- Those who are not vaccinated should test for COVID-19 infection each week.