We offer one of the most affordable educations in the U.S.
We might be the smallest college in the state of Iowa but our students have the same opportunities to pay for their education as those who attend much larger colleges and universities. In truth, Divine Word College Seminary offers one of the most affordable educations in the United States. Every student receives some form of financial aid from state, federal or private sources, and every student receives some level of scholarship support from the college itself.
As an accredited, four-year liberal arts institution of higher learning, domestic students at Divine Word College Seminary are eligible for a full array of financial aid options:
- Federal Pell Grant: The amount of this grant is determined by the federal government, based on the level of the student’s need, which is revealed in their FAFSA form.
- Federal SFEOG: The Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant is a federal grant administered by Divine Word College for students with the greatest need for financial assistance.
- Federal Direct Loan: These can come in the form of either subsidized or unsubsidized loans from the federal government, with subsidized loans offering better terms of repayment.
- Private Loans: Non-federal loans offered by lenders such as a bank, credit union, state agency or a school.
- Federal Work Study: Students can help pay for their education by working at specific jobs at the college, earning $15.00 per hour. This is a federally sponsored program supported with funds from both the federal government and Divine Word College.
- State Grants: Education grants are available at the state level. Students may want to check with their home state to find out if they qualify. Sometimes such grants target students from their state who attend colleges or universities in that same state.
- Scholarships: Students may want to look for scholarships that apply to them to help pay for their education. Divine Word College offers a number of scholarships to it students. Find out more here.